Wednesday 8 August 2012

Start the month with some great read aloud picture books


Most of the books I've read in the past few weeks have been, well, OK.  But suddenly a swarm of great read alouds fell onto my desk and I couldn't wait to share them.




The Really, Really, Really Big DinosaurThe Really, Really, Really Big Dinosaur by Richard Byrne
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
A book filled with fun illustrations, featuring dinosaurs and jelly beans can't really fail. This one should be a big hit! It has some moral lessons too, with the boasting big dinosaur getting his comeuppance and the little sharing and caring dino having the most exciting of friends. There are lots of opportunities for a dramatic read aloud story reading and I always enjoy hamming it up!


Jungle Jive (Elephant Joe)Jungle Jive by Tony Mitton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
A lively and sparkling book where the animals dress up for a party and a jungle jive. Slithery snake ALMOST spoils the fun when he asks, 'What are you doing, dressed in those? You mussst know ... ANIMALS DON'T WEAR CLOTHESsss!' However, guess who is finally crowned Best-Dressed Guest?


The No-No BirdThe No-No Bird by Andrew Fusek Peters
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
The No-No bird is self-centered and says NO to everything - remind you a small child you know? However he learns that no is not always the way to have the most fun with friends and decides to change his tune before the end of this cute rhyming story. I'll be waving my finger windscreen wipe style along with this one!


I Spy With My Little EyeI Spy With My Little Eye by Edward Gibbs
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
An excellent guessing book, each page has e new animal with a visual glimpse, a colour and a hint. Spy a host of wonderful animals, and then they spy YOU!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips