Thursday 12 July 2012

Flannel Friday - Red Ted Said


This flannel is just what I needed for a group activity for our Soft Toy Sleepover. Thanks to Sarah at Read Rabbit Read for reminding me of this one in last week's Flannel Friday Roundup over at Miss Mary Liberry's Blog.






The pattern is from Making Learning Fun. Using Sarah's idea of reducing the bears to five, I omited the pillows and added a litttle embelishment to the bed frame.

I used Making Learning Fun's rhyme with just a little tweeking.



Red Ted Said

There were five in the bed, and Red Ted said,
"Roll over, roll over".
So, they all rolled over and yellow fell out.

There were four in the bed, and Red Ted said,
"Roll over, roll over".
So, they all rolled over and brown fell out.


There were three in the bed, and Red Ted said,
"Roll over, roll over".
So, they all rolled over and green fell out.


There were two in the bed, and Red Ted said,
"Roll over, roll over".
So, they all rolled over and blue fell out.

There was one in the bed, and Red Ted said,
"I'm lonely, so lonely". [Ahhh!]







[but then comes the group activity ... ]

If you've got a brown bear, then put it on the bed.
"Come over, come over"

If you've got a yellow bear, then put it on the bed.
"Come over, come over"

If you've got a green bear, then put it on the bed.
"Come over, come over"

If you've got a blue bear, then put it on the bed.
"Come over, come over"

If you've got a red bear, then put it on the bed.
"Come over, come over"

[Now ...] "We're crowded, so crowded!"





Thanks to assistance from a helper at A Mess To Be Made blog, I was able to give every participant a bear to bring up to the front. This is what they looked like in action!














Want more?

Find out about Flannel Friday on the dedicated website. Features include past roundups, host schedule and how to participate.

Scan the Flannel Friday posts on Pinterest.

Search for flannels and storytime ideas at Mel's Desk.

Discuss storytime and flannel boards on the Flannel Friday Facebook Page.




This week’s round up will be hosted by Katie at Storytime Katie.

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable! I love extending ideas to make them more complete ~ you did an awesome job with this activity! Now I NEED to figure out where I can fit a Sleepytime Storytime into my schedule. :-} Hmmmmm....

    I also love the thought bubbles and your blog signature. Looks great! I always put my signature to the side but I like how yours looks right on the item. It looks so good that it makes me want to tweak mine. Why does mine never look as good to me as everyone else's do??? What did you end up using to make your signature?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've used the flannel and rhyme since I wrote this post and it worked a treat. It had the desired effect of involving the whole group of mixed aged children.

      Delete
    2. Re the speech bubbles - I used SuperLame, but I wasn't very flexible. I still need to do some work on the watermark, I did these in Photoshop.

      Delete
  2. I love this! I must have missed the original post last week. I'm hoping I can make this set before my next Stuffed Animal Sleepover on July 19.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can recommend it - I think the simplicity helped. Good luck with your sleepover!

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips