Thursday 12 April 2012

Flannel Friday: Hippity Hop



Hippety-hop, Hippety-hay

I found this lovely rhyme, just ripe for flannelling, in a book of the same name by Opal Dunn. I thought I'd found something original to use, but an Internet search later revealed it had already been done (many times).  The book, copyrighted in 1999, has an interesting selection of rhymes for different stages of development between birth and three years, and includes actions, games and even music. I hope to use this in a Spring Storytime soon.



Rhyme:


Hippity-hop, hippity-hay
Five little bunnies went out to play.
Hippity-hop, hippity-hay
One little bunny hopped away.


Hippity-hop, hippity-hay
Four little bunnies went out to play.

Hippity-hop, hippity-hay
One little bunny hopped away.


...

Hippity-hop, hippity-hay
No little bunnies went out to play.

Because they all have run away.
Hippity-hippity-hop, HAY-HAY.

Template:


Download

Please note that my new templates are covered by a Creative Commons Licence.

This should make little difference to the way they are shared now. The templates I make are either made from my original drawings or are derivative works of copyright free material, and they take extra time to produce. Nevertheless, I am happy to share them. However, I would be unhappy for them to be used elsewhere for re-sale or profit. The major effect of this CC licence is that you can't use the template or a derivative work for commercial purposes without obtaining specific permission from me first.



You are free:

  • to Remix — to adapt the work       

Under the following conditions:

  • AttributionYou must attribute the template to Library Quine in the manner specified (but not in any way that suggests endorsement of you or your use of the work).
                   
  • Noncommercial — You may not use this work for commercial purposes.      

  • Share Alike — If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.
                                  
    Creative Commons Licence

Library Quine's templates by Library Quine are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

If you think this is too restrictive, or have other thoughts about this, please do comment.





See the whole Flannel Friday Round Up here

Round up archives and host schedule is at So Tomorrow.

Visually scan all the Flannel Friday posts at Pinterest.

Talk about storytime and flannelboards on the Flannel Friday Facebook Page.

Follow Flannel Friday on Twitter with the #flannelfriday hashtag. (You don’t have to be on Twitter to check this out.)

Next week’s round up will be hosted by Cate at Storytimimg featuring a Post-Easter-Sale Story Prop Extravaganza!


6 comments:

  1. Those rabbits are ADORABLE!

    Here's my Flannel Friday post. http://www.madiganreads.com/2012/04/five-fish-feltboard.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Madigan, I've snagged your link (and enjoyed reading about the extensible rhyme).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bunnies are so sweet and adorable! I love the mix of colors. :-)

    I am still trying to get the hang of templates so I am glad to see that you are continuing to make and share some. I might try to get with you soon ~ if you don't my questions. The last template I made would not stay the original size. Do yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a problem with size of my templates. I make the document in MS Publisher and save it in 2 formats; PDF for the downloadable one and 'save as picture' as a jpeg for the thumbnail.

      Delete
    2. (cont)
      I open the thumbnail again in Photoshop and 'save for web' and make the maximum dimension 300 pixels. I just got to this size through trial and error (still a relative beginner with photoshop).
      The downloadable

      Delete
    3. (cont)
      BTW the Comment facility keeps freezing!
      The thumbnail version is uploaded to the blog like any other image.
      The downloadable version is uploaded to Google Docs (I uncheck the options). I limit sharing to those who have the address. Oh, and I add a link to the caption of the thumbnail.
      It could be more straight forward, but this is how I got it to work for me, with a bit more trial and error!
      If anyone has a better method for Blogger please let me know!

      Delete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips