Friday 28 October 2011

Flannel Friday - Mittens - experimenting with 3-d paint

Armed with 5 colours of 3-d paint and a little spare time these mittens are the result!
The inspiration was from Miss Mary Liberry's Matching Mittens back in July.  I'll make a few more pairs, but I need to go out and get some more felt/flannel colours first.



The yellow pair is an exact copy of Mary's (I think they are my favourites) - thanks Mary! 



However the red ones were all my own design, inspired by a design in a card-making book a colleague gave me as a birthday present earlier in the year.  I shall ditch the white ones - how come they look a different shape when they're cut from the same pattern?






The pattern for the mittens came from the first page of this story template for the Three Little Kittens.

I also plan to post the Flannel Dictionary/definitions/vocab/taxonomy over the weekend, so do check back later.  Do add suggestions for words to include at the facebook group.

Tracy at 123 More Storytimes is hosting the roundup this week.

Sorry this is so rushed, apologies for errors - I'll correct later!!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Yay, puffy paint! I still haven't gotten any yet to experiment with, but I definitely plan to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - I LOVE the 3-D paint! And will try and do a more serious post when I'm back in 'work' mode!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh... I LOVE the red ones! Such a cute idea for a flannel story. Puffy/3D paint is an awesome embellishment idea - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Liza - looking forward to chasing your dust (have subscribed to your blog)

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute! I'm running out for some puffy paint asap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun with the puffy paint - and do share the results!

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips